Help us preserve the places that matter today!
The Freshwater Land Trust works to acquire land to protect our water quality and to preserve open space. But, we can’t do it alone. Your contributions are vital to land preservation. We all have a special place that matters to us– a stream from your childhood or the woods you hiked through with your children. With every passing day, we stand to lose these special and irreplaceable places. Please consider a donation of your money, time or skills to the Freshwater Land Trust to help us continue our work to ensure that future generations have those same memories.
Make a Monetary Donation via Paypal
The Freshwater Land Trust is a 501©(3) organization.
Your contribution is tax deductible.
Other Ways to Donate:
Please mail a check to:
Freshwater Land Trust
2308 First Avenue North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Or contact: The Freshwater Land Trust offices — 205.417.2777
Or make a monetary donation via PayPal. The Freshwater Land Trust is a 501©(3) organization. Your contribution is tax deductible.
Get involved today!
Preserve an Acre
You can preserve land in honor of a friend, colleague, or family member.…a meaningful and wonderful way to recognize someone who deserves it. Click here to learn more!
Items we need:
The following items would really help in our day-to-day operations and in our clean-up events. Click here to learn more about items we need!
Why you should support the Freshwater Land Trust:
The Freshwater Land Trust.…
- is the only conservation nonprofit organization that works to conserve land solely in north-central Alabama;
- has a proven track record: it has protected –or helped to protect-over 10,000 acres across central Alabama since its inception in 1997. This includes the 1,108-acre Red Mountain Park property and the 700-acre Turkey Creek Nature Preserve.
- is a good investment: it is very conscious of how money is spent, making sure that every dollar is used to forward its mission of acquiring and caring for lands that enhance water quality and preserve open space.
- is the first accredited land trust in Alabama (by the Land Trust Accreditation Commission) and only one of 130 in the country.
If you are interested in donating your time or skills, find more information here.
Preserving the Places that Matter
The Freshwater Land Trust teams with a number of partners who donate thousands of volunteer hours to improve the health of our natural world for future generations.
We need your help! If you are interested in donating your time or skills, look at the needs listed below and let us know if you can help. If you want to be notified of upcoming volunteer activities, please provide your email address in the form to the left.
We also plan volunteer events such as clean ups and restoration projects for groups and businesses. These events are a great way to help in local land conservation and restoration efforts while providing a fun day for your employees, colleagues, and friends. If you are interested in creating an event just for your group, please call the Freshwater Land Trust office at (205) 417‑2777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEERS ARE ALWAYS NEEDED WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Office and word processing
- Newsletter folding and labeling
- GIS knowledge
- Invasive plant removal
- Tree planting
- Trash pick up on preserves
- Trail maintenance
INTERNSHIP AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The Freshwater Land Trust offers unique internship opportunities to qualified students. If you are interested in becoming an intern, contact the Land Trust office at (205) 417‑2777.